Stories & News
Adult Literacy Partner Threatened
Manhan is a pastor in southern India, holding church services and ministering to his community. He also is a leader within our Adult Literacy program, working with teachers to share the Gospel while providing education to illiterate men and women!
Recently, though, Manhan was faced with opposition.
While he gathered with village leaders for the inauguration of a new ministry program, anti-Christian activists showed up and threatened Manhan. They hurled accusations at him, yelling at him to stop running the local church and put an end to all social activities he led in the area.
The activists extended their threat to all other pastors ministering in the area, warning of dire consequences if church activities continued. To continue ministering while maintaining the safety of his church, Manhan moved his church services online.
Locals are watching Manhan’s every move, with anti-Christian activists hoping to arrest him. The villagers, activists, and authorities have filed a lawsuit against many pastors in the area.
As a result of all of this, Manhan is currently unable to visit the Adult Literacy Classes he’s helping lead.
Will you pray over this difficult situation? Here are specific prayer prompts to use as a guide:
- Pray that God opens doors for Manhan and the other area pastors to be able to continue their ministry.
- Pray that church services may be safely held again.
- Pray that Manhan is able to continue mentoring Adult Literacy teachers.
- Pray for the safety of the believers in this area.
- Pray that the Gospel continues to spread, in spite of the opposition and persecution in this area.
- Pray that God would change the hearts of those opposing Manhan’s ministry.
Thank you for joining us in prayer for Manhan and his ministry.