Stories & News
August 2023 India Intercessor
As you may have heard, Manipur, India broke out into violent unrest in early May. What started as ethnic tension between the Meitei and Kuki tribes, quickly turned to a targeted attack on Christians. Thousands of people have had their lives turned upside-down.
And I’m calling on you to lift up our brothers and sisters in prayer. Ephesians 6:18 says, “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Together we can live out this verse by calling on the name of Jesus on behalf of displaced families.
Enclosed, you’ll find an article that further explains the situation and shares how you can stand with Manipur. I encourage you to link arms with Christians in Manipur through prayer as they continue to spread the Gospel during this difficult time.
I invite you to pray these prayers over our brothers and sisters in the area:
- That the Christians in Manipur would stand firm in their faith during this difficult time.
- That God would mobilize the Christians in Manipur and that the Gospel would spread like wildfire throughout the state.
- That God would provide peace and comfort for those would have been displaced, especially the women, children, and elderly.
- That no more violence would erupt in Manipur.
- That the Manipur government officials have wisdom in navigating this reoccurring violence.
- For grieving families who have lost loved ones and the miraculous healing of those injured in the violence.
As always, THANK YOU for being faithful prayer partners of Mission India.
Together, for India,
President & CEO