Director of Ministry Administration
Mission India, located in Kentwood, MI, is a vibrant ministry bringing lives to Christ on a global level. For over 40 years, Mission India has been transforming India through Church Planter Training, Adult Literacy and Children’s Bible Club programs.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Ministry Administration and are seeking candidates that are self-directed, culturally intelligent and looking to grow in their career.
In this position, you will develop and maintain the policies and procedures necessary to function well with our ministry partners in India. The chief aim is to ensure that the programs are executed well, all documentation is tracked, finances are disbursed in a timely manner, and that results are carefully measured. This role is ideal for an individual who has been working within a financial field, business development or cross culture business setting and is a great opportunity to work within an international, non-profit Christian organization.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for all financial administration in collaboration with Indian Partners, Mission India Finance Department and Mission India Development Department
- Develop, propose and monitor the annual budget and spending keeping ministry team informed of utilization and trends in India and US
- Monitor on-field income and expenditures assuring on-field deposits are secure
- Maintain and improve documentation of administrative processes and files relevant to the business conducted by partner trusts/organizations in India
- Collect and aggregate donor data for the annual report
- Manage a business entity in India along with multiple trusts or partner relationships.
- Perform a variety of financial administering, reporting, preparation, and analysis of comprehensive data
- Work onsite in our Kentwood, Michigan office
- Travel to India an average of 6 times/60 days per year
To be successful in this role, candidates need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ related business experience; International experience preferred
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret, guide, and communicate data
- Business analytical skills – ability to make recommendations to leadership based on data analysis and trends
- High business acumen - ability to maintain accurate accounting records and analyze financial data
- Strong emotional/cultural intelligence - ability to navigate the challenges of cross-cultural work setting
- Detail-oriented, dependable, precise, follow-up and follow through
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; Expert user of Excel
- Philanthropic or non-profit experience a plus
At our organization, it is important to be an active and passionate Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, passion for the Great Commission and agree to Mission India’s Statement of Faith. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. For immediate, confidential consideration, please submit your resume and letter of interest in one document.
Please note, we do not sponsor employment in the US, so you must have the indefinite work authorization in the US without sponsorship to be considered.